Albert Einstein once said, “We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” That means thinking out of the box what is needed, no matter how stereotype it can be. That’s sometimes necessary and extremely effective in fixing problems and coming up with new ideas.
Today, many experts and close watchers of marketing feel that technology which is aiding the marketing functions needs to evolve, means should go through change.
Current Marketing Tactics Are At Its Crossroads
Marketing is all about connecting a company and brand with its audience in such a way that it can create brand affinity. Once this brand affinity is created, it’s all likelihood that the individuals will buy into their proposition. But this concept is highly company-centric, meaning the communication and engagement is sought related to the aims and aspirations of the organization rather than consumers. The generalization that if the company offers something interesting and it’s relevant, it would be viewed as consumers will be thankful to the company playing an important role through advertisement and communication.
As we are moving forward with time, this approach is gradually withering away. We all know that the consumer expectation is rising and we have listed few trends below and it’s clear that the current marketing tactics are at crossroads:
- Media Fragmentation- An increasing choice and consumption of a range of media and entertainment for individuals.
- Channel proliferation-Ever-increasing number of offline, online and social channels for communication
- Multiple Devices– More and more use of mobiles, tablets and PCs or laptops for communication by individuals.
- Advertising Saturation-Market is flooded with ad messages to achieve awareness and branding goals. A US citizen receives average 3000 messages daily.
- Explosion in the number of messages sent and received – Average person receives over 180 emails per day.
- A decreasing or probably more demanding attention span
- Increased mental opt-out as an individual’s attention isn’t grabbed. That means messages aren’t memorable.
Consumer Engagement Having a Known Customer
This form of marketing is more of a contact record. It speaks for judging the individual customer’s intention better and according to that, we have to send them our relevant offer.
Consider a situation, where you have a contact record and you ask the concerned individual for some more first-party data, some behavioral data added, gained from the previous purchase. You can also add big data from social feeds. You can even apply some unstructured data, collected from call centers etc. And you can even add some contextual data. That means you can add and apply any data you grab.
Then with all your AI and predictive analysis, you can identify the tendency of each consumer to buy your next proposition. Next, you can profile each and every consumer. You have the options of creating segments, micro, nano segments etc. This is one form of 1-1 marketing. You can also customize the offer for the specific individual. Even, you can identify the most productive time when most likely that consumers will respond.
The above-said considerations will be taken into consideration when there are push out communications and offers from you to the prospective customers, there’s every likelihood that those communications and offers would bring you the desired result. As far as SEO guide online, that’s the smartest marketing, you can do.
In spite of all these tactics, they only find email open rates around 25% and a click-through rate of just 2-3%. 97% of individuals don’t show interest in this. Then how can you get to such things?
Put yourself in your customers’ shoes
Have you ever how modern marketing will look like? One way of to going about it is to put yourself at the place of your prospective and current customers and realize what would be their needs, expectations and aspirations are. Here are some conclusions:
- No consumer wants to be disrupted on company goals.
- Consumers worry of being over-saturated with direct engagement. Next, the time of the engagement and device and channel, they wish to be engaged.
- Consumers need Instant offers that are important for them, not the brand.
- Consumers want compelling and rewarding experiences that is the way of offering.
- Consumers want control on their engagement and want to define their own journey.
- Consumers want reward for their engagement in the form of getting mutual value in the exchange.
- Consumers love to engage and respond to brands that are distinctive, fun and valuable.
- Consumers want long-lasting relationship on their terms.
To deliver on these expectations, modern marketing must evolve in terms of advertising as well as direct communication. That’s an experience which reflects that consumers value experiences that are interesting, informative, fun, artistic, shareable, curious and even humorous. All you need to do is to make them available, to invite individuals to be engaged, to participate and respond whether the consumer is known or unknown. This can be achieved through QR codes, through Shazam, via packaging, display ads and via notifications etc.
What’s Invitational Marketing? Why Invitational Marketing being regarded as the future of advertising?
Invitational marketing is putting an individual customer at the center and convert him into a customer. That implies making available an experience that is believed to be valuable by the individual and is so persuasive that they have to engage. Invitational marketing is based on following fundamental principles:
- Implement interactive journeys that would give rise to two-way conversation for the consumers that they control which can be continuous, highly distinctive and builds emotional connection.
- Give rewards that are being seen as highly valuable for the consumer which should be fun, informative, offer-related, interesting or even humorous.
- Invite and motivate the consumer to engage instantly whenever they wish and the way they wish.
Nowadays customers are becoming more selective, require more personal attention and marketers need to provide real value, targeted at a specific customer. That’s why SEO guide online puts it as future of marketing.